It’s that time of year again! Our annual picnic is at the Rod & Gun Club at the Chevron Refinery at Point Richmond once again. Be there this Saturday, July 23, 2011, from noon to 7 p.m. There are basketball courts, tennis courts, a bowling alley, playground, two heated swimming pools, etc.
Here are the directions:
- From 580 heading west (to Richmond/San Rafael bridge)
- Take the LAST exit before the toll – Point Molate / Western Drive (stay on the right lane after Canal & Richmond Pkwy exits — there is no sign that you are apprroaching the last exit before the toll)
- Stay in the middle lane (no sign of Western Drive) and drive for about 10 minutes
- Right – Drowley Drive (street sign is faded and barely readable but there is a sign ROD & GUN CLUB — there is no sign “Chevron Gate 34” eigher – that will make it too easy). Proceed to the guard booth and have your picture ID readily available.
- Go up & down the hills and park by the lot next to the gym and look for Picnic Area C.